COMMERCIAL OR RESIDENTIAL RECYCLING
In the 1990’s, the owners of Premier Waste Solutions were some of the first in the Greater Omaha Area to implement curbside recycling services. Today, we provide an all-in-one, single-stream recycling program that makes recycling easier for customers in Omaha and surrounding communities. The program helps our residential and commercial customers to divert maximum trash volume from their waste streams to containers provided by Premier Waste Solutions. We will help businesses assess their waste streams and assist in the implementation of a comprehensive recycling program that diverts the most material. Your efforts will save landfill space and “green up” your image. And you no longer need to separate and sort items to different containers, which makes the program user friendly and easy to manage. Getting started is as easy as calling us or filling out the form on this website!
Recycling Guidelines for Waste Collection Customers
Follow the guidelines below to identify recyclable materials and prepare them for pickup by your Premier Waste Solutions professional drivers.
- Anything made of tin, aluminum NOTE: Trash haulers in the area are not allowed to pick up glass for recycling.
- Call Premier Waste Solutions for information about your nearest glass recycler.
Plastic: We accept plastics 1 through 7.
- Check number on bottom of container.
Plastics items accepted to recycle
- Soda, water and juice bottles
- Liquid detergent and other cleaning supply bottles
- Condiment bottles (ketchup, mustard, etc.)
- Milk jugs and orange juice jugs – no paper cartons
- Shampoo bottles and liquid soap dispensers
- Peanut butter jars (please rinse thoroughly)
- Vitamin bottles
- Yogurt containers
- Butter tubs
- Any 1 through 7 numbered container
Plastic items NOT accepted
- NO PLASTIC BAGS
- NO plastic egg cartons
- NO six-pack ring holders
- NO plastic plates
- NO Styrofoam® material
- NO Tyvek® envelopes
- Completely empty aerosol cans, such as those containing cleaning and cooking products. Labels are okay.
- Always flatten cardboard in 2’x2′ bundles.
- No waxed-lined cardboard accepted.
- Brown Paper Bags.
- Remember, NO PLASTIC BAGS!
Chip or Paperboard
This type of material includes items such as:
- Cereal boxes
- Soda carrier boxes
- Tissue holders
- Other food boxes, such as popcorn or microwave food boxes (not the cooking sleeves)
- Paper egg cartons are okay
- Paper towel and toilet paper tubes
- Entire newspaper, including inserts and ads.
- Office Paper
- All types and colors of office paper.
- If you can tear it, we can take it. No need to remove paperclips, staples, tape and sticky notes.
NO Tyvek® plastic (polyethylene fiber), such as the material in overnight mailing folders.
Bulk or Junk Mail: All paper material accepted. No need to remove stamps, staples, sticky notes or envelope windows. If you can tear it, we can take it.
Magazines, Catalogs, Phone Books: Please DISCARD PLASTIC BAGS and items like CDs and magnets.